Skip to Content

Federal Surplus Property Program

The Federal Surplus Property Program (FSP) is administered by the Minnesota Department of Administration, Fleet & Surplus Services Division, and governed by regulations of the United States General Services Administration (GSA). The Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 authorize the donation of federal surplus property to eligible organizations.

If you are a public agency or a non-profit organization that meets the eligibility requirements, you may be able to acquire federal surplus property for official use by your program. A nominal service charge is assessed to recipients for each item of property received to cover transportation, display, and overhead costs. The Distribution Center is open to representatives of eligible organizations from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding State Holidays. View our contact page for the Distribution Center address and map

Available Federal Property

A sampling of federal surplus property that is currently available at our Distribution Center and more information about availability and how to acquire property.  

Donation of Firearms

Eligible law enforcement agencies may receive surplus federal firearms through the Federal Surplus Property Program (FSP) in conjunction with the United States General Services Administration.

NASA Artifacts

For the first time NASA artifacts have been made widely available to eligible schools and museums in advance of their anticipated date of last need in support of NASA missions. More information on how to screen and select NASA artifacts, the transfer process, and disclosures is available from this page.

Eligibility Information

Information on the types of organizations and institutions that are eligible to receive federal surplus property and how to become eligible.

Terms and Conditions

A summary of terms, conditions and restrictions regarding federal surplus property, in addition to information on preference and priority related to national disaster relief.

Request Property

To request property that is needed by an eligible organization, but is not currently available, donees can submit a property request.  Surplus Service’s staff will try to locate and obtain the item.  When the item is received, staff will contact the donee that it is available. is the site for Federal Surplus Property Program operated by the General Services Administration (GSA). Use the site to report surplus property for transfer by GSA to other federal and state agencies as well as search for and obtain federal surplus property.