If an accident occurs with your state vehicle leased through Admin, you should take the following steps to report the accident:
Call the police and obtain emergency medical care for any injuries.
Secure the following information:
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of all vehicle occupants and any injured people.
- Location injured people are taken.
- Name and address of vehicle owner and driver.
- Vehicle license number and description, including make, model, color and any other pertinent info.
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- Name of the law enforcement agency and case number.
Do NOT make any admission of fault, or any statement concerning the accident, except to law enforcement or Risk Management personnel
What to do if the state vehicle injures someone or damages someone else’s property:
As soon as possible, report the accident to Gallagher Bassett Services Inc. by faxing the Motor Vehicle Accident Report Form found in the Claim Reporting Guide to Gallagher Bassett Services Inc. at 763-416-8979. If you do not have access to a fax, contact Gallagher Bassett Services Inc. at 763-416-8911 or 866-489-5797. Gallagher Bassett Services Inc. is on call 24/7.
If the vehicle has been damaged and unsafe to drive call ARI (800-227-2273) for the vehicle to be towed to a dealer or body shop. Inform Risk Management where the vehicle was taken to.
Note: Agencies with full coverage include, but are not limited to, Admin, the Department of Natural Resources, Minnesota State Operated Community Services (MSOCS), and the Metropolitan Airport Commission.
For more information on accident reporting, contact Admin's Risk Management team at:
Risk Management Division
310 Centennial Office Building
658 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55155