Who We Are
The Minnesota Department of Administration was established in 1939 by Governor Harold Stassen. Since then, Admin has been at the center of improving state government and providing essential services since 1939. Today, we continue that tradition of making Minnesota successful. To learn more about our agency and what we do, reference the What We Do page.
Mission, Value, and Goals
The Department of Administration's mission is to benefit all Minnesotans by leading innovation, creating solutions, and providing exceptional services. Our values guide the work we do:
- Integrity: We will practice the highest standards of professionalism and ethics to build and maintain trust, which is the foundation of our reputation and relationships.
- Respect: We embrace the unique perspectives and talents that each individual brings.
- Inclusion: We value the creativity, innovation and engagement that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Accountability: We take personal pride of ownership in our work.
- Expertise: We earn our customers’ trust though the delivery of first-rate skilled services, products, and advice.
As part of our tradition of holding ourselves accountable, we have six goal areas:
- Diversity and Inclusion: Our workforce and business partners will reflect Minnesota’s diverse population at all levels of the organization.
- Customer Satisfaction: Customer needs are anticipated, met and routinely exceeded.
- Technology Optimization: Systems are leveraged to provide data for informed decision making, improving accessibility of our operations and services to customers, and empowering employees to excel at their work.
- Sustainability: Our environment is protected and improved through continuous improvement in the products and services we procure and consume.
- Employee Engagement: Our workplace is committed to employee success through opportunities for growth and development.
- Best Value: Our customers succeed through the quality information, services and products we provide.
Each of these goals will have a measure that helps us track our progress and hold ourselves accountable.
Learn more about our current Commissioner and agency leadership team on the Commissioner's Office page.
Reference the Contact Us page if you have additional questions or need assistance.