Vision and Mission, Values and Principles of the Ombudsman
Vision and Mission
The Office of Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities (OMHDD) has mission, vision, values and principles rooted in statute and practice. The OMHDD mission and vision is to promote the highest attainable standards of treatment, competence, efficiency and justice for persons receiving services for mental health, developmental disabilities, chemical dependency or emotional disturbance.
Values and Principles
We believe all people are equal and that clients have the right to live in the community of their choice. The OMHDD will:
- deliver services in an ethical, professional manner
- be respectful and do no harm
- be honest and provide quality information
- advise clients based on current information
- respect differences and diversity
- preserve privacy and promote client dignity
- value clients as individual people and never talk in a degrading way to or about our clients
- not make promises that we cannot deliver
- promote self-advocacy whenever possible
- use active listening and be mindful of conflicts of interest
We will provide a sense of positive hope.