skip to content
Primary navigation

Lawyers & Litigants

Workers' Compensation Attorney Resources

The following resources may be of use to attorneys representing parties involved in a workers’ compensation dispute before OAH:
  • Filing a Notice of Appeal by Fax

    A Notice of Appeal to the Workers’ Compensation Court of Appeals may be filed by mail or by fax. Specific requirements of the Notice of Appeal, along with instructions on how to serve the Notice of Appeal, can be found in Minn. Stat. § 176.421, subd. 4.

    You may file your Notice of Appeal to the Workers’ Compensation Court of Appeals with the Chief Administrative Law Judge by faxing it to 651-539-0300. Do not file your Notice of Appeal with our Duluth office. The Notice of Appeal must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the day the filing is due.  Faxes received after 4:30 p.m. are considered filed the next business day. You should also provide OAH with a copy of the $25.00 filing fee check with the faxed notice.  The original filing fee check must be received by OAH within 10 business days after the end of the appeal period to constitute a timely appeal OAH will send an acknowledgment of the appeal by mail after the filing fee is received. 

    The Notice of Appeal also must be received by the Commissioner of the Department of  Labor and Industry before the deadline.  The Commissioner’s fax number for appeals is 651-284-5731.

    Pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 176.421, subd. 3a, the respondent may cross-appeal within the 30-day period for taking an appeal, or within 15 days after service of the notice of appeal on that respondent, whichever is later. Each appellant and cross-appellant must pay the requisite $25.00 filing fee.
    Back to top
  • Subscribe to OAH’s Listserv

    OAH periodically sends email announcements to attorneys who appear at OAH for workers' compensation matters. OAH has created and maintains an email subscription list for this purpose. Attorneys may subscribe to this list by following the instructions below. After subscribing, you will receive all future communications from OAH that impact workers' compensation.

    Subscribe to the Listserv: 

    Send an email to and include the following information:

    • Full name
    • Email address
    • Mailing address
    • Law firm name (if applicable)
    • Bar ID number (if applicable)
    Back to top
  • Register for Electronic Calendaring

    To request an Outlook calendar, please contact Angel Severson at the Department of Labor and Industry. She can be reached at 651-284-5241.

    How to sign in to Outlook Web App (OWA)

    1. Enter the URL for the OWA into your web browser:
    2. You will be asked to enter your account email and password. Enter the email address the Department of Labor and Industry provides you. Press the Tab key.
    3. When you press the Tab key, you will be in the password field. The screen will change to the State of Minnesota Office 365 for Government sign-in page. Enter the password the Department of Labor and Industry provides you and click Sign in.
    4. If you receive a message saying that your user ID or password is not recognized, please contact Angel Severson at 651-284-5241.
    Back to top
  • Cancellations

    To cancel a scheduled proceeding, Workers' Compensation litigants may send an email to or call OAH at 651-361-7900.

    Back to top
  • Cancellations - Stipulation Status Conferences

    To cancel a scheduled stipulation status conference, Workers’ Compensation litigants may send an email to or call OAH at 651-361-7950.

    Back to top
  • Service List for Intervenors

    Download the Service List for Intervenors to easily contact a company and its representatives regarding an intervention interest.
    Back to top
back to top