skip to content
Primary navigation

Hearing aid financial resources

This list is only for your information. It is not comprehensive, though any omissions are not intended. Please let us know of any corrections. Minnesota Department of Human Services, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division does not endorse any particular program or organization. 

Hearing aid resources for adultsIMG - Hearing aid financial resources man 

Also see our fact sheet Getting hearing aids

Community service clubs 

Some clubs—such as Kiwanis, Lions and Sertoma— may have funds to assist community members, but not all clubs give monies directly to individuals. Contact the service club(s) in your area to ask what kind of support is available. 

Hearing aid manufacturers & vendors 

Ask your local hearing aid sellers or manufacturers about reconditioned hearing aids, special financing, special programs, or reduced rates. 

Lions Club 

Lions programs are funded and administered locally. To find a local club, click on Find a Club in the upper right corner of their website. 

Medical insurance 

Effective July 1, 2023, Minnesota group health or health maintenance organization (HMO) plans must follow Minnesota Statute 62Q.675, which says: [62Q.675] [HEARING AIDS.] A health plan must cover hearing aids for all individuals for hearing loss that is not correctable by other covered procedures. Coverage required under this section is limited to one hearing aid in each ear every three years. No special deductible, coinsurance, co-payment, or other limitation on the coverage under this section that is not generally applicable to other coverages under the plan may be imposed.

This statute does not apply to Medicare, self-insured plans, or insurance providers in another state. It is a good idea to check with your insurance to find out if your policy covers hearing aids.

MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance 

Through MNSure you can get medical coverage and financial help for medical coverage, depending on your financial situation. You may apply online or contact your county human service office. 

Miracle-Ear Foundation 

Miracle-Ear® is committed to helping underserved people with hearing loss and giving them the gift of sound. Eligibility requirements: 

  • Applicants must have a hearing loss that requires amplification (hearing aids). 
  • Applicants must verify there are no other resources available including but not limited to: insurance, state Medicaid program, VA or vocational rehab, state or local programs, and other charity sources. 
  • Applicant's total household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines and demonstrate personal inability to financially provide for hearing health. 

You may visit your local Miracle-Ear center or review the application (link above) for full eligibility guidelines.

Starkey Cares

Starkey Cares is a corporate social responsibility program dedicated to giving back to the local community. Starkey Cares can help individuals struggling to afford hearing aids acquire state-of-the-art hearing aids. For more information about their program, you can check the Starkey Cares webpage. 

TPA Hearing Trust 

The Travelers Protective Association of America
2041 Exchange Drive
St. Charles, MO 63303-5987
Toll-free phone: 877-872-2638
Phone: 636-724-2227
Fax: 636-724-2457
Email TPA

Veterans Affairs 

To receive hearing aids through VA, you must first register at the health administration/enrollment section of the VA Medical Center of your choice, or contact the Veteran’s Service Officer at your county courthouse. 

Hearing aid resources for childrenIMG - Hearing aid resources child

Also see our fact sheet Hearing aid appeals: Important information for parents

2 Ears 2 Learn 

Please note: This resource is for children with microtia or aural atresia.
100 E. Idaho Street, #318
Boise, ID 83712
Phone: 208-949-6975
Fax: 208-433-1738 

Cerner Charitable Foundation 

2800 Rockcreek Parkway
North Kansas City, MO 64117
Phone: 816-201-1569
Email Cerner Charitable Foundation  

The HIKE Fund, Inc.

c/o Claudia Hauser
530 Elliott Street
Council Bluffs, IA 51503-0202
Phone: 712-325-0812

Application and instructions are available on The HIKE Fund's website.

State of Minnesota Pediatric Hearing Device Loaner Program

This program loans hearing devices for children’s short term use. They only work with providers, so ask your audiologist to explore this option for you. 

UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation

MN017-W400 PO Box 41
Minneapolis, MN 55440-0041
Phone: 855-698-4223 Please leave a message. A Foundation representative will return your call within five business days.
Email UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation

back to top