About Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division
One in five Minnesotans has a hearing loss.
We are here to help!
We serve people who are deaf, deafblind or have combined vision and hearing loss, hard of hearing or have hearing loss, or are late deafened.
We also serve parents and family members of people with hearing loss, human service providers, employers and businesses, and educators.
How can we help?
Connect to resources and advice for your unique needs
- Learn about helpful communication tips.
- Get personalized services.
- Receive referrals that support independence and communication access.
Learn about hearing loss
- Find out about hearing loss, Deaf culture, assistive technology and other topics.
- For agencies: online training modules and assistance to make services more accessible.
- For individuals: training on empowerment and self-advocacy.
Get assistive technology and tools
- Get assistive telephone equipment through the Telephone Equipment Distribution (TED) Program at no cost if you qualify.
- Find solutions that make living with hearing loss easier:
- Try assistive listening devices.
- Test amplified and captioned telephones and other tools.
- Learn about useful apps for people with hearing loss.
- For employers and businesses: borrow assistive technology to improve communication access for employees.
Connect to mental health services
- Work with therapists who use American Sign Language and are trained to work with individuals with hearing loss.
- Get support for case coordination, aftercare planning and community placement.
Find resources in your community
Learn about programs and services available through our grant partners. Programs include:
- Services for individuals who are deafblind
- Interpreter referral
- Deaf and hard of hearing mentors for families
- Captioning for live local television news
- Mental health services for children and adults
Download our brochure
The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division brochure describes our services, and is available in English, Español, Soomaali, Hmoob