Minnesota PMP Education
On Demand, FREE videos that are quick and easy to watch anytime.
Soon to be posted, updated recordings of the PMP's education sessions for prescribers, pharmacists, delegates, admin, and other interested parties!
- From the Beginning: PMP 101
- The MN PMP AWARxE: Features and Utilization
- The MN PMP Prescriber Report: A self-assessment tool
- The NarxCare Report: Understanding and Utilizing Analytics in the MN PMP
Previous Recordings Still Available
PLEASE NOTE: The recordings linked below were created a few years ago. There have been updates to the program and site since recording. The videos do contain valuable information, however we are in the process of creating new versions, plus more!
Keep in mind the following -
- The pop-up survey following the session has been removed. To complete a survey, please click the survey link below the recording.
- CMEs are no longer available from the Minnesota Medical Association.
- If you choose to submit the survey for any session you will be sent a participation statement and session description.
- It is the responsibility of all learners to contact their licensing authority regarding qualified continuing education credits.
From the Beginning
Understanding the PMP in Minnesota (version 2020) 48 minutes
Session one covers the MN Prescription Monitoring Program from its beginning to its current status. Attendees will learn about legislative requirements that impact what is collected within the PMP database and how individuals within this state can and may access it. Presented by Shannon Whitman, PMP Administrator
The NEW MN PMP AWARxE
Features and Utilization (version 2020) 57 minutes
Session two covers the features within the new MN PMP AWARxE console. Each action available to account holders will be explained and demonstrated, along with tips to utilize the system at peak efficiency and maximum effectiveness. Presented by Shannon Whitman, PMP Administrator
The MN PMP Prescriber Report
The AWARxE NarxCare Report
Understanding and Utilizing Analytics in the MN PMP (version 2020)
A clinician to clinician discussion providing attendees with an understanding of the NarxCare report. Discussion will include the data science behind the creation of the risk scores and how they can be utilized to guide clinical decision making. Presented by Dr. Krista Whalen, Data Scientist, Bamboo Health