Previous login credentials used with the Minnesota Department of Health, are no longer valid for online renewals with the Board. All licensees are required to Register a New Licensee Account upon the first renewal with the Board.
- Applicants must apply online. New users must "Register to Access Site". Applications work best in Google Chrome.
What You Will Need:
- Login Credentials
- License Number
- Employer Address (Only required if new)
- Electronic Payment
- Continuing Education Information
How to Renew:
- Navigate to the Account Login. All first-time users must "Register to Access Site" to create a user name and password with the Board. Login information should be retained for future login needs.
- Complete all parts of the online renewal application. Renewal fees are paid at the end of the online renewal application. Pay with American Express, MasterCard, or Visa. Renewal fees are listed under Minnesota Statute §148.6445. At the end of your renewal, you will receive a confirmation number confirming the completion of your renewal.
- The Board may request additional information.
- Continuing Education:
- During the continuing education portion of the online renewal application, affirm having met or expecting to meet minimum continuing education (CE) requirements prior to the license expiration date in compliance with continuing education requirements outlined in the Minnesota Statute §148.6443. For your record, the CE tracking form is located under Continuing Education.
- Continuing education hours tracking log and support documents should NOT be submitted to the Board office unless you are selected and notified by the Board of a continuing education audit. Directions for completing the audit are included in the notification letter.
License renewal may be verified through the online License Lookup
link located on the home page of the Board website. Your license will reflect the new renewal date immediately following submission of payment. Ensure you receive email confirmation of payment. Renewal license cards will be mailed to the mailing address on file.
To avoid a late fee, renew your license before the thirty (30) days prior to the expiration date listed on your license card. A late fee
will be assessed for renewals that are submitted online during the thirty (30) days prior to or after the renewal deadline.
The Board makes every effort to send renewal notices at least sixty (60) calendar days before the expiration date listed on your license card to the last known address on file with the Board. Per Minnesota Statute §148.6423 Subd. 3
, the licensee's failure to receive notice does not relieve the licensee of the obligation to meet the renewal deadline and other requirements for license renewal.
Auditing of continuing education:
The Board conducts audits on a percentage of license renewals based upon random selection. As a licensee, it is your responsibility to maintain documentation for a minimum of two (2) years after the last day of the biennial licensure period in which the contact hours were earned. (Minnesota Statute §148.6443 Subd. 6
Auditing Continuing Education Reports).
Non-Renewal of License:
Individuals not renewing their license by the expiration date will be removed from the list of persons authorized to practice occupational therapy and use the protected titles. Persons not intending to renew their license, should notify the Board via email.
Renewal After Expiration:
Maintain Current Contact Information:
Per Minnesota Statute §148.6428
, each licensee is responsible for maintaining current name, address, and primary employment information with the Board. These changes must be submitted to the Board within thirty (30) days of the change. All notices or correspondence provided to the licensee's contact information on file will be considered delivered. Click here
to find detail information.
If you require an alternate format (i.e., large print), please call 1-800-627-3529.