2016-2018 Renewals



(License/Certificate Expired on June 30, 2016)

Online renewals are closed. To renew your license, print the renewal form below and mail it to the Board office with your check or money order. For assistance, contact the Board office at 651-296-2388.

Click to print renewal form

Frequently Asked Questions - Renewals


(License/Certificate Expired Prior to July 1, 2014)

If your license or certificate expired June 30, 2014 or before, please email leama.sather@state.mn.us to request instructions and forms for reinstatement.


If you are retired and do not wish to renew your license, but would like to be listed on the Board's roster as "retired" rather than "expired," please send an e-mail to andrea.barker@state.mn.us indicating your retirement. You may continue to use your professional title, preceded by the term "retired" (i.e. John Doe, Retired Architect), but you may not practice or do anything that requires a current license.

Continuing Education Requirement

Continuing education required: You must report a minimum of 24 Professional Development Hours that you earned on or after July 1, 2014, including 2 hours in professional ethics, to renew your license this year (unless you are exempt - see below). If you reported more than 24 PDH with your 2014 renewal, you may carryover up to 12 PDH to use for your 2016 renewal. Ethics hours must have been earned on or after July 1, 2014.

If you have questions on continuing education, please see the FAQs below, the continuing education link to the right, or contact Lynette DuFresne at 651-757-1510 or lynette.m.dufresne@state.mn.us.

Frequently Asked Questions - Continuing Ed


Click the link below to find an alphabetical listing of individuals with carryover from their 2014 renewal.

Carryover from

It is the responsibility of each licensee or certificate holder to maintain records of their continuing education activity after reporting it to the Board. When you renew online, carryover will automatically be applied. Use the link in red above to look up your carryover. If your name is not on this list, you did not report carryover with your last renewal.

If your original license in Minnesota was issued on or after July 1, 2014, you are automatically exempt from reporting continuing education for this renewal period. You will need 24 PDH obtained on or after July 1, 2016 to renew your license in 2018. NO CARRYOVER IS ALLOWED FROM AN EXEMPT PERIOD.