Applications for Examination or Licensure

Please note: You must apply to the Board and have your application approved BEFORE you apply to NCEES Exam Administration Services to take the FE or PE exam. You will not be allowed to register with NCEES Exam Administration Services unless you have a current, approved application on file in the Board office.

Fundamentals of Engineering "FE" Exam Application

Principles and Practice of Engineering "PE" Exam Application*

*Use the PE Exam Application for any discipline of the engineering exam including the 16-hour structural exam.

Sample Employment Verification - An example of what the Board should receive from EVERY supervisor for PE Exam applicants is provided below. Forms must be received directly from the supervisor. A copy of the form is part of the PE application packet (see link above).

Sample Employment History Form

Progressive Experience - Below is a document created by NCEES that provides guidelines regarding progressive experience.

NCEES Engineering Progressive Experience


Application for Professional Engineer License
(BY Comity or EEE)

"Comity" is similar to reciprocity and is for applicants
who hold a license in another jurisdiction.

Frequently Asked Questions - Click for frequently asked questions regarding engineering applications.

Computer-Based Testing Information - Visit the NCEES website for more information. See also the NCEES Examinee Guide.


Study Materials

To order preparation materials, please go to the NCEES website or call: (864) 654-6824 or (800) 250-3196.

Exam Specifications and Design Standards


NCEES YouTube Videos

Click on the links below to view NCEES videos.

Welcome to the NEW FE & FS Exams
Have You Read Your NCEES Candidate Agreement?
About the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
The Benefits of Professional Licensure



Last Paper-based PE Chemical Exam Is April 2017.