skip to content
Primary navigation
Feature image for Real Estate

Real Estate

Real Estate Information

How to file a complaint

If you have a complaint against a mortgage originator, write a letter to the Department of Commerce explaining the complaint. In your letter, write the details of the dispute and include as many facts as possible such as dates, what was said, etc. Include a phone number where you can be reached and your mailing address. In addition, attach copies of any documents to support your complaint, such as mortgage applications, advertisements or cancelled checks.

You are welcome to call the department with questions about a problem you may be having; however, an investigation cannot begin until the department receives written documentation of the problem. If you have questions, call 651-539-1600 or 1-800-657-3602.

Search for Uniform Conveyancing Blanks

Search for forms

back to top