The Board of Psychology recommends you verify the license of your provider or a provider you are considering visiting. The general public is encouraged to use our online license look-up or call our offices during business hours at 612-617-2230. In order to verify a license you need the psychologist's license number (i.e. LP####) or their legal name. This service is offered to the general public at no cost.
Other entities in need of official license verifications or in need of verifying multiple licenses (two or more) are required to submit a license verification request through our online services portal or paper form.
In order to request an official license verification you must create an online account first. You don't have to create an account for license look-up. Please follow these steps to create an e-licensing system account:
1. Click Go to Online Applications below.
2. A new window will open. Click the Register Here button located in the lower right area of the portal page.
3. Complete the form on the screen under Create your account.
4. Once you enter all the information click the Create Account button.
5. Click Save.
6. Log in using your email address and password associated with your newly created account.
Online Services Portal