PLEASE NOTE: In order to keep our State employees safe and to adhere to the current restrictions for social distancing, ALL live Classroom training sessions have been suspended and changed to Virtual Training. ETD has converted and delivered virtual classes to support the training and development needs of all State employees. With this successful transition, we launched Supervisor and Manager Core Programs and are again providing the necessary training that was halted during the initial COVID-19 problems. If you have an interest in particular programs or classes, visit our ETD course catalog in the Course Finder, where you can explore courses we've offered in the past, our current courses, or courses we may offer in the future.and wish to receive a reminder when the class is available, If you need additional help, please contact your Training Coordinator through the ETD Training Email.
Core training programs in Human Resources, Supervision and Management deliver critical information on state policies, procedures and skills for professional success. Supervisor Core and Manager Core are required for job certification and must be completed within the probationary period of appointment. Participation in Human Resource Core is not required, but provides vital, foundational information for HR professionals within state government.
* Please note: The core programs are only available to state employees. Due to the specific policy information presented in these courses, it would not be a benefit to city/county employees.
Human Resource CoreThe Human Resource Core program focuses on HR fundamentals in state government and is beneficial for both new and current HR professionals. This program serves as a refresher in foundational HR concepts and provides a broad knowledge base for those who have taken on roles in state government human resource departments.
- Competencies: Develops Strategic Perspective, Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills: Communication, Creative Thinking, Strategic Thinking
Manager CoreManager Core provides the foundational knowledge, state practices, and leadership competencies needed for effective management in the state government. The training fulfills requirements toward Administrative Procedure 21.
- Competencies: Champions Change, Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically, Develops Others, Drives for Results
- Skills: Communication, Decision Making, Strategic Thinking
Supervisor CoreSupervisor Core provides necessary information on state policies, practices, and leadership resources that are vital to success for those new to state supervisory positions. Additionally, Supervisory Core fulfills requirements of Administrative Procedure 21.
- Competencies: Builds Relationships, Collaboration, and Teamwork, Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically, Drives for Results
- Skills: Communication, Interpersonal, Problem Solving, Team Building