Core training programs in Human Resources, Supervision and Management deliver critical information on state policies, procedures and skills for professional success. Supervisor Core and Manager Core are required for job certification and must be completed within the probationary period of appointment. Participation in Human Resource Core is not required, but provides vital, foundational information for HR professionals within state government.
* Please note: The core programs are only available to state employees. Due to the specific policy information presented in these courses, it would not be a benefit to city/county employees.
The Human Resource Core program focuses on HR fundamentals in state government and is beneficial for both new and current HR professionals. This program serves as a refresher in foundational HR concepts and provides a broad knowledge base for those who have taken on roles in state government human resource departments.
Manager Core training provides foundational knowledge of state practices and leadership competencies needed for effective management in state government. This course provides 36 hours towards the requirement of Administrative Procedure 21 which specifies that Managers must complete 80 hours of training prior to certification in classified positions.
- Competencies: Develops Strategic Perspective, Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills: Communication, Creative Thinking, Strategic Thinking
- Competencies: Champions Change, Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically, Develops Others, Drives for Results
- Skills: Communication, Decision Making, Strategic Thinking
Supervisor Core provides necessary information on state policies, practices, and leadership resources that are vital to success for those new to state supervisory positions. Additionally, Supervisory Core fulfills requirements of Administrative Procedure 21 which specifies supervisors must complete forty-eight (48) hours of training within the probationary period designated in the employment agreement.
- Competencies: Builds Relationships, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically, Drives for Results
- Skills: Communication, Interpersonal, Problem Solving, Team Building