Advisory Committee Structure Overview
Minn. Stat. 214.32, Subd. 1(c) states: An advisory committee is established to advise the program committee consisting of:
(1) one member appointed by each of the following: the Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants, the Minnesota Dental Association, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association, the Minnesota Licensed Practical Nurse Association, the Minnesota Medical Association, the Minnesota Nurses Association, and the Minnesota Podiatric Medicine Association;
(2) one member appointed by each of the professional associations of the other professions regulated by a participating board not specified in clause (1); and
(3) two public members, as defined by section 214.02.
The Advisory Committees goals are to:
1) Promote early intervention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring for potentially impaired health professionals;
2) Provide expertise to HPSP staff and Program Committee members; and
3) Act as a liaison with membership.
The Advisory Committee meets quarterly.