skip to content
Primary navigation

Eligible Professions

Welcome to the Health Professionals Services Program (HPSP). HPSP serves persons regulated by the Minnesota health licensing boards as well as some professions regulated by the Department of Health. See this list below to see if your profession is eligible for HPSP services:

Board or Department Profession
Behavioral Health & Therapy Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LADC)
Chiropractic Examiners Chiropractors
Dentistry Dental Assistant (DA), Dental Hygienist (DH), Dental Therapist (DT), Dentist
Department of Health Hearing Instrument Dispenser (HID), Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), Audiologist, Unlicensed Complementary and Alternative Health Care Practitioners
Dietetics and Nutrition Dietitian, Nutritionist
Emergency Medical Services Emergency Medical Responder , Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, Community Emergency Medical Technician, Community Paramedic
Marriage & Family Therapy Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Associate Marriage & Family Therapist (LAMFT)
Medical Practice Acupuncturist, Athletic Trainer, Genetic Counselor, Neuropathic Doctor, Traditional Midwife, Physician (Medical Doctor or Osteopathic Doctor), Physician Assistant (PA), Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
Nursing Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Long Term Services and Support Nursing Home Administrators
Occupational Therapy Occupational Therapist (OT), Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA)
Optometry Optometrist
Pharmacy Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Intern, Pharmacist
Physical Therapy Physical Therapist (PT), Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Podiatric Medicine Podiatrists
Psychology Licensed Psychologist (LP)
Social Work Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LICSW)
Veterinary Medicine Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
back to top