Welcome to the Minnesota Autism Resource Portal
This website was created as a result of a joint state agency effort involving the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), Department of Health (MDH), Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) and the Department of Human Services (DHS). The Institute on Community Integration (ICI) at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities served as a key partner along with the Minnesota Department of Information Technology (MN.IT).
Purpose of this website
The purpose of this website is to provide the Minnesota Autism community with up-to-date information and resources related to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It is the hope of all involved that this website will help the Minnesota Autism community connect, share and learn together. Content will be collected from a variety of sources, such as nonprofit organizations, state and federal agencies and other autism-related organizations.
This website is designed to serve a broad audience. The target audience of this website would be:
- Youth and adults with autism
- Social service professionals
- Healthcare professionals
Submitting a Resource and Technical Support
Organizations and institutions, families, professionals and individuals with ASD can use the Contact Us form to share resources with the rest of the autism community. After your submission is received, it will be evaluated for posting. In order to have content posted on the website, content must meet the following criteria:
- Be related to ASD with a Minnesota emphasis
- Not a commercial endorsement
- Not political in nature
- Not negatively portray individuals, organizations or groups
- Not be discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or contain objectionable statements, language or content
- Documents must be made accessible to Section 508 standards
- It is preferable that content be written in Plain Language
- Not related to vaccination, causation, ASD "cures" or other controversial topics as deemed by the community
If you need technical support with the website, use the Contact Us form.
The Minnesota Autism Resource portal was designed to help people connect with current information and resources. The website will continue to add content, new features and evolve. The partners that have worked on this project are excited about the potential impact it can have on the ASD community. It is our hope that this website will be a tool that give people a place to learn and share resources. We look forward to continuing to serve the Minnesota ASD community in the years to come.
Language and Interpreter Assistance
If you need free help interpreting any of the documents and navigating the website, call 866-267-7655 or email the ASD team for accommodations.