So what's the goal?
Continued reductions in workplace injuries!
Since the roll out of MnSAFE, in fiscal year 2011, there have been 3,100 fewer employee injuries. Looking forward, we are committed to reducing workplace injuries by 5% annually for fiscal years 2020-2023.
How do we do that?
- Integrating safety and loss control into our daily operations.
- Communicating our safety commitment to our employees and partners.
- Establishing annual safety and loss control goals and objectives.
- Identifying and assigning resources to support our safety and loss control goals.
- Incorporating safety metrics into how we measure our effectiveness.
- Reviewing our progress towards our goals quarterly.
Check the Resources page for quarterly reduction goals and metrics and the latest safety results for your agency!
Governor Walz's Charge:
As Governor my priority is the safety and health of all employees when performing their work. Every state employee must be accountable for their safety and the safety of those around them. We must all do everything to prevent workplace injuries and I am counting on you to do your part. Thank you for your commitment to an injury free workplace.