skip to content
Primary navigation
Feature image for Who Can Help

Who Can Help

See how we can help!
file an Intake Form

We can help you with

  • Child Protection matters
  • Child out-of-home placements
  • Foster care issues
  • Social Service Issues (within child protection matters)
  •     delays in service or lack of services provided
  •     failure to provide interpreters during social service intake, investigations, meetings, court appearances, etc.
  •     failure to comply with the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) or the Minnesota Indian Family Preservation Act (MIFPA)
  •     unjust or discriminatory treatment by child protection services

When can you call? 

If you have a question or complaint you may call the specific Ombudsperson for your community directly. For calls out of the metro area the toll free number is 1-888-234-4939. You may also write a letter, or contact us via e-mail.

There is no charge for our services. 

When calling be ready to give:

  • your name, address with city and state, and telephone number,
  • a description of your situation,
  • names and dates of birth of children involved in the case,
  • tribal affiliation of your children, if applicable,
  • names and contact information of social workers and other agency or service providers.

Your questions and complaints are kept confidential, although, we may have to discuss your case with agency officials to resolve your situation.

If you require or feel more comfortable discussing your problem in a language other than English, an interpreter will be provided upon request.

back to top