skip to content
Primary navigation


The Office of the Ombuds for Corrections (OBFC) can accept complaints from incarcerated individuals in Minnesota, corrections staff, and concerned family members and community members.
The OBFC does not have jurisdiction over federal facilities, courts, law enforcement, attorneys, reason for confinement, supervised release or probation, and cannot take or investigate complaints on these matters. Please see our resource page for alternative resources.
There are several types of complaints. Please follow the instruction under the category that fits best below. 

If you are unsure which type of complaint to file or if you need assistance with filling out a complaint, please call our office at 651-539-4520 and press 1. 

back to top