Certified Local Government Grants
Certified Local Governments may use these federal matching grants for local preservation projects. Funding comes from the Historic Preservation Fund, appropriated annually by the U.S. Congress; federal regulations require that the SHPO distribute to CLGs at least 10 percent of its allocation each year. The anticipated total amount available for Fiscal Year 2022 grants is approximately $125,000.
The FY 2022 CLG Grants Manual is now available. (PDF)
Projects may include (see manual for more information):
- Historic resource surveys.
- Preparation of local/national designation forms.
- Historic preservation plans.
- Building reuse studies.
- Cultural landscape inventories.
- Design guidelines for property owners.
- Public education.
CLG grants DO NOT fund: Capital improvement ("bricks and mortar") projects.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- reflect goals and strategies of the statewide preservation plan.
- promote sound preservation planning through historic context development and completion of historic and archaeological surveys.
- result in local designations.
- involve properties associated with the history of underdocumented groups or communities.
Pre-application is due January 28, 2022. Final application is due March 4, 2022 (midnight).