Certified Local Government Grants
Certified Local Governments may use these federal matching grants for local preservation projects. Funding comes from the Historic Preservation Fund, appropriated annually by the U.S. Congress; federal regulations require that the SHPO distribute to CLGs at least 10 percent of its allocation each year. Approximately $107,000 is available for fiscal year 2020.
Projects may include (see manual for more information):
- Historic resource surveys.
- Preparation of local/national designation forms.
- Historic preservation plans.
- Building reuse studies.
- Cultural landscape inventories.
- Design guidelines for property owners.
- Public education.
CLG grants DO NOT fund: Capital improvement ("bricks and mortar") projects.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- reflect goals and strategies of the statewide preservation plan.
- promote sound preservation planning through historic context development and completion of historic and archaeological surveys.
- result in local designations.
- involve properties associated with the history of underdocumented groups or communities.
Pre-application is due February 1, 2020. Final application is due March 6, 2020.