skip to content
Primary navigation

Assistive Technology for Employees

If you need assistive technology at work.

Need assistive technology to help you at work? If you do, tell your employer as soon as possible. Typically, whom you contact will depend on the size and structure of your workplace. You should notify your direct supervisor that you need a reasonable accommodation to perform your work duties; however, if you have any questions or concerns about how to request a reasonable accommodation, contact your Human Resources department for help.

Keep in mind:

  • Reasonable accommodations are available only to employees who choose to disclose their disability.
  • If you are having problems with an accommodation, it is up to you to let your employer know before it affects your job performance.
  • You are responsible for anticipating your assistive technology needs.

Want to learn more?

Check out these websites and resources:

National Resources

State Resources

Legal Assistance

The Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) provides free civil legal assistance to individuals with disabilities statewide on legal issues related to their disabilities. All individuals with disabilities are eligible to receive help, regardless of age or income level. Learn more at

For more information on funding, check out our Funding Strategies section.

back to top