INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIETITIAN OR NUTRITIONIST LICENSE APPLICATION
1. Read the laws that govern the practice of dietetics and nutrition in Minnesota.
2. Read the rules established by the Board of Dietetics and Nutrition Practice.
3. Complete the application.
The application must be completed in its entirety, with all requested signatures.
4. Gather all necessary documentation called for in application.
Any missing documentation will delay processing of your application.
5. Complete license registration form.
This form will provide the board the information needed to print your official license.
6. Submit the following to the board office:
- Dietitian with RD $100
- Nutritionist $175
all required documentation
license registration form
initial license fee $150
Criminal Background Check Fee $33.25
(YOU MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FEE, INITIAL LICENSE FEE AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK FEE)
7. Deadlines for submission of applications are:
Licenses will be issue within two weeks of receiving the application, fees and all appropriate documentation to the board office.
8. All licenses will expire November 30 of each year.
Please note: If you have previously held a Minnesota LD or LN you cannot apply for a new license, YOU MUST APPLY FOR REINSTATEMENT. Please call the board office at 651.201.2764 for information. Fees paid online for an application that requires Reinstatement are non-refundable.
Click to view the application