Workshops and Trainings
After you submit your registration form, you will receive an email confirming your registration or notifying you that the workshop is full. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who receive a confirmation email will also receive a reminder email with additional information shortly before the workshop.
Please note that registration fees for all workshops are per attendee.
See the Data Practices Office On the Road schedule for other training opportunities and find information on free Webinars that we offer.
Law Enforcement Data Workshop hosted by the Golden Valley Police Department
Need a primer or a refresher about the key provisions in Minnesota law governing law enforcement data? Then this workshop is for you!
The workshop offers:
- Discussion of general legal requirements, including criminal investigative data, juvenile data, traffic accident data, body camera video data, and more;
- Real-life problem solving scenarios based on actual inquiries; and
- Time for questions and answers about the day-to-day issues that involve law enforcement data.
This in-person workshop is being hosted by the Golden Valley Police Department and is open to everyone who would like to register.
Please note: This workshop is an advanced training and assumes participants are familiar with the basics of the Data Practices Act. If you would like to attend and are new to state data practices requirements, the following videos can provide an overview of how the law works: Data Practices Basics for Council and Board Members; Introduction to Data Practices for State Agency Commissioners; Data Practices Act: What All Employees Need to Know.
Date: Monday, September 12, 2022
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Place: Brookview Golden Valley, Bassett Creek Room South, 316 Brookview Parkway, Golden Valley, MN 55426
Cost: $250 per person
Other details and requirements:
- The Data Practices Office will be providing the content for this in-person workshop, but it is hosted by the Golden Valley Police Department and will be held in Golden Valley, MN. All questions about the location and hosting of the workshop should be sent to email@example.com or 763-593-8079.
- Invoice for payment will be provided following the workshop, and payment must be made via SWIFT or by check. Our office does not accept credit card payments. Please provide notice of cancellation as soon as possible to allow another person to attend in your place.
- The information presented in the workshop is available in alternative formats for individuals who have disabilities. Please contact DPO if you need an alternative format: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-296-6733.
Upcoming Data Practices Workshops
No upcoming remote or in-person workshops scheduled. We will be scheduling new workshops for this fall, so check back soon.
The Data Practices Office does not have any upcoming workshops that will be held in-person due to precautionary measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will update this page soon when we schedule in-person workshops again.
You can also subscribe to the Data Practices Office email list to receive updates when new in-person workshops are scheduled.