Homeless Veteran Registry
As part of Heading Home: Minnesota's Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness, the State of Minnesota and its partners have committed to end homelessness among Veterans.
The Minnesota Homeless Veteran Registry will ensure that Veterans experiencing homelessness have access to appropriate housing and services. Anyone who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, Reserves, or National Guard can join the Registry, regardless of the type of discharge. If you are a Veteran and choose to join, a team of housing and service professionals will work together to help you access housing and services that meet your needs. Participation is voluntary. You do not have to join, and choosing not to participate will not affect your eligibility for services.
Landlords interested in participating can learn more here.
Anyone who knows of a homeless Veteran is encouraged to call 1-888-LinkVet (546-5838). Veterans can choose to join directly and anyone can refer a Veteran to join by completing their appropriate release of information form, based on their current location:
- Central Minnesota including Benton, Cass, Chisago, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, and Wright counties.
- Hennepin and Ramsey counties
- Northeast Minnesota including Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, and Lake counties.
- Northwest Minnesota including Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau counties.
- Southeast Minnesota including Blue Earth, Brown, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Le Sueur, Martin, Mower, Nicollet, Olmsted, Rice, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, and Winona counties.
- Southwest Minnesota including Big Stone, Chippewa, Cottonwood, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rock, Swift, and Yellow Medicine counties.
- St. Louis County
- Suburban Metropolitan Area including Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Scott, and Washington counties.
- West Central Minnesota including Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse, and Wilkin counties.
These regions correspond to Minnesota's Continuum of Care regions.
Authorized users may log-in to the Registry here.
If you have questions about the Registry, please contact LinkVet toll-free at 1-888-546-5838.