Title: Appraisal Management Company
Description: It is unlawful for a person, corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, subsidiary, unit, or other business entity to directly or indirectly engage or attempt to engage in business as an appraisal management company, to directly or indirectly engage or attempt to perform appraisal management services, or to advertise or hold itself out as engaging in or conducting business as an appraisal management company without first obtaining a license unless an exemption from licensure applies. Refer to Minn. Stat. Chapter 82C
. Minnesota Department of Commerce
Subject: Real Property
Creation Date: 1/20/2011 9:23:00 AM
Modification Date: 1/20/2011 9:23:00 AM
Agency Name: Commerce, Minnesota Department of
Agency URL: https://mn.gov/commerce/
Agency Description: The Minnesota Department of Commerce is the chief regulator for the banking, energy, insurance, real estate, securities, telecommunications industries and also operates Minnesota's Unclaimed Property.
Agency Phone: 651-539-1600
Agency Fax: Agency URL: https://mn.gov/commerce/
85 7th Place East, Suite 500
Unit Name: Licensing Unit
Unit Phone: 651-539-1599
Unit Fax: Contact person(s): firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer to Appraisal Management Company, Who Needs a License
How to Apply
- Start the application at PulsePortal
- Select "Minnesota Department of Commerce" as the Program and "Appraiser" as the Board.
- Click on "Submit License Application" from the list of options.
- Select “Organization” as the entity type and “Appraisal Management Company” as the License Type.
- Enter the name of the company, the state that the company is from, and the company’s Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Continue filling out the required information within the electronic application.
- You will receive a “Confirmation Number” that can be used to check the status of the application within Pulse Portal by using the “Application Status Inquiry” feature”. If a discrepancy is found or the application is approved, it will be indicated within the “Application Status Inquiry” feature.
Required Forms and Documents
Once the application is paid and submitted, additional documentation is required. This supplemental information can be submitted via U.S. Mail or e-mailed. Please indicate “ATTN: AMC Processor” in the subject line.
- Affidavit of Designated Controlling Person form
- Affidavit of Official Signing Application form
- Uniform Consent to Service of Process
- Biographical Statement and the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) form for Owners, Partners and Officers.
- Disclosure of Company Owners, Partners and Officers (if not completed online).
- If the company is from Minnesota, a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation, Partnership Agreement or Articles of Organization from the Minnesota Secretary of State.
- If the company is not domiciled within Minnesota, a “Certificate of Authority to Transact Business” from the Minnesota Secretary of State’s office.
- If the applicant is a partnership, a partnership agreement.
- A certificate of good standing from the state of domicile.
- If the applicant has Minnesota employees, evidence of current workers' compensation coverage.
- If the business is operating under any name other than the exact corporate or partnership name, a copy of the "Assumed Name Certificate" issued by the Minnesota Secretary of State. (The name under which the business will be conducted must be exactly the same as the name under which the license will be issued.)
How to Renew an AMC License
Only the requested information having changed from the most recent prior application/ renewal must be submitted. In other words, complete only those sections of the electronic renewal application that ask for information that has changed since you submitted your previous application.
- Go to PulsePortal
- Do not use your browser's "Back" button at any point in the process, or you will lose all of the data that you have entered to that point and will need to start over from the beginning.
- From the "Choose a Program" drop-down menu, select "Minnesota Department of Commerce."
- From the "Choose a Board" drop-down menu, select "Appraiser."
- Under "Renew an Existing License," select “Business” as the type of license you would like to renew.
- Enter the company's EIN, License Number, and Postal Code from your mailing address.
- Click the "Next" button. At this point, review the information that is on the licensure record and make any necessary changes.
- As you continue forward, the "Attestation" screen will appear. Click the "I Agree" button.
- The renewed license summary will appear. Click the "Continue" button.
- The Credit Card Information screen will appear. Enter all requested information. (Note: If your mailing address is in the United States, you do not need to enter anything in the "Country" field.) Click the "Continue" button.
- Verify your information on the next screen. If something needs to be added or corrected, click the "Change My Request" button. If everything is correct, click the "Renew My License" button.
- The confirmation page will appear. Please write down the Confirmation ID number and print the page for your records. The Confirmation ID number can be used to check the status of your renewal. Note: If you do not print the page for your records and click the "Close" button, a dialog box will appear that asks you to print the page for your records. Do not click the "OK" button in this box unless you do not want to print the page. Clicking the "OK" button in this box will take you to the Home page. Note: The "Print" button on this page prints the confirmation page, not your license.
Print a License
Your current/renewed MN AMC License is available for printing on PulsePortal
From the "Choose a Program" drop-down menu, select "Minnesota Department of Commerce."
- From the "Choose a Board" drop-down menu, select "Appraiser."
- Click “Print a License” under “Licensing Services.”
- Enter your company information and follow the prompts.
Refer to Minnesota Appraisal Management Company License Application Required Forms
Electronic application at PulsePortal
Initial license fee - $5,000
Renewal fee - $2,500
Period of Issuance:
One year. Expires every August 31.
Length of Determination: 30 days.
Activity: Real Property
License Detail URL:
Appraisal Management Company