Request for product substitution
As a rule, new products can only be offered as part of a scheduled refresh. However, it is occasionally necessary to retire a product mid-term when it goes "end-of-life." In these situations a new product can be offered to replace the retired product.
Procedures for requesting product substitution are as follows:
- Vendor is to notify the program management team when they have advance notice of a product going end of life and secure a "placeholder" for the proposed replacement product;
- Vendor uses the most current version of the standards spreadsheet to provide information about the substitute product;
- Vendor submits the substitute product offering to the program team for approval;
- Program team evaluates proposed substitute product offering, then notifies the vendor if the product has been approved or declined;
- Program team adds approved products to the program website.