Thursday, June 4, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Place: This meeting will take place by telephone & the internet*
*Due to the health pandemic, it is not feasible for members of the Commission or the public to attend at the regular meeting location (Centennial Office Building in Saint Paul); instead, Commission members and members of the public may participate by telephone or other electronic means. Minnesota law provides that, if telephone or another electronic means is used to conduct a meeting, the Commission, to the extent practical, shall allow a person to monitor the meeting electronically from a remote location. The Commission may require the person making a connection to pay for the documented additional cost that the Commission incurs as a result of the additional connection. (The only anticipated connection costs are the user's long-distance telephone charges.) This notice was posted on the MSGC web site on May 22, 2020.
Instructions on monitoring the meeting remotely.
Option 1: By internet
If you are asked for the event number and password, they are 962 837 097 and XQy5i336Tv3
Option 2: By telephone
The U.S. long-distance telephone number is (415) 655-0003
The access code is 962 837 097
During the meeting, your microphone will be muted until the time for public input.
You are invited to try a practice session before the meeting to work out any technical problems. Staff will be hosting a Webex practice session from 9:30 until 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting. The same access instructions, above, apply both to the practice session and to the MSGC meeting.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda (Action)
- Approval of Draft Meeting Minutes from May 7, 2020 (Action)
- Child Pornography Offender Treatment – Expert Testimony (Information)
- Review of 2020 Regular Session Laws
- Amendments to Crime Laws Affecting the Guidelines (Action)
- Amendments to Crime Laws Not Directly Affecting the Guidelines (Information)
- Decision on Public Hearing (Action)
- Comprehensive Review of Child Pornography Sentencing (Information & Discussion)
- Aggravated Departures
- How Courts Ranked Child Pornography When Ranked
- Other Issues
- Next Steps
- Exercise of Early Release Authority During Pandemic – Dep't of Corrections (Information)
- Working Group/Task Force Reports (Information)
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Statutory Reform Working Group
- Community Competency Restoration Task Force
- Executive Director's Report (Information)
- Public Input
For additional details for this specific meeting, click on the meeting date in the calendar below. For general information, visit our General Information page.