skip to content
graphic of a list with the letters A to Z

Find a license in the A-Z Index

1. Refine the topic list by letter


2. Select a topic to view their list of licenses

Title: Unlicensed Individual -Water Conditioning Installer
Alternate Title:
Description: Anyone performing water conditioning work in Minnesota must be licensed by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) or be a registered unlicensed plumber or water conditioning installer.
Subject: Plumbers
Water Conditioning
Creation Date: 8/24/2017 12:58:04 PM
Modification Date: 6/8/2020 5:10:00 PM
Agency Name: Labor and Industry (DLI), Minnesota Department of
Agency URL:
Agency Description: The agency oversees the state's programs for apprenticeship, construction codes and licensing, dual-training (PIPELINE Program), occupational safety and health, wage and hour standards, workers' compensation and youth skills training programs. The Office of Combative Sports, within the Department of Labor & Industry, ensures Minnesota's combative sporting events are conducted in a manner that minimizes injuries and ensures fair competition.
Agency Phone: 651-284-5005
Agency Fax: Agency URL:
Agency Address:
443 Lafayette Road N.

St. Paul
MN 55155

Division Name: Construction Codes and Licensing Division (CCLD)
Division URL:
Division Description:
Division Phone: Division Fax: Division URL:
Unit Name: Licensing and Certification Services
Unit URL:
Unit Description:
Unit Phone: 651-284-5031
651-297-4198 (TYY)
Unit Fax: 651-284-5743
Contact person(s):
Unit URL:
Audience: Hold Application URL:
Renewal URL:
Versa URL:

Anyone performing water conditioning work in Minnesota must be licensed by our agency or be a registered unlicensed plumber or water conditioning installer. 

A registered unlicensed water conditioning installer can take the journeyworker water conditioning license exam after completing 875 hours of practical water conditioning installing, servicing or training experience as a registered unlicensed water conditioning installer employed by a licensed plumbing contractor or water conditioning contractor. An individual may receive credit for up to 100 hours of work experience gained prior to becoming registered as long as the work experience occurred within 12 months of the individual becoming registered.

All water conditioning work performed by an unlicensed water conditioning installer must be performed under the direct on-site supervision of  a licensed journey worker,  master plumber, restricted journey worker, restricted master plumber, licensed journey worker or master water conditioning worker.


Registered Unlicensed Water Conditioner (RW)


Initial registration - $14

$5 late fee is assessed on all late registrations.

Period of Issuance:

Registrations expire June 30 and must be renewed annually.

Length of Determination:
Other Info:
Activity: High Pressure Pipefitter
High Pressure Piping
License Detail URL:

Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors

Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry (DLI)

back to top