skip to content
photo of card catalog - no text

Find a license in the A-Z Index

1. Refine the topic list by letter


2. Select a topic to view their list of licenses

Title: Feed Food Waste to Animals License
Alternate Title:
Description: Feeding food waste to livestock is also known as garbage feeding.No person may feed garbage to livestock or poultry in Minnesota unless a permit has been obtained from the Minnesota Board of Animal Health (BAH).
Subject: Animals
Creation Date: 9/11/2008 2:13:00 PM
Modification Date: 12/2/2009 12:09:21 PM
Agency Name: Animal Health (BAH), Minnesota Board of
Agency URL:
Agency Description: The Minnesota Board of Animal Health's responsibilities include protecting the health of domestic animals of the state.
Agency Phone: 651-296-2942
Agency Fax: 651-296-7417
Agency URL:
Agency Address:
625 Robert Street North

St. Paul
Division Name: Email
Division URL:
Division Description:
Division Phone: Division Fax: Division URL:
Unit Name: Feed Food Waste to Animals License
Unit URL:
Unit Description:
Unit Phone: 651-201-6824
Unit Fax: Contact person(s): Unit URL:
Audience: Hold Application URL:
Renewal URL:
Versa URL:


Garbage Feeding (Class A)

Exempt Materials Feeding (Class B)

Rules: 1721.0590 - .0660

Statutes: 35.751 - 80


Producers who would like to feed garbage to livestock can do so by first contacting the Board to request a Class A permit.


No fee.

Period of Issuance:

One year.

Length of Determination: Variable.
Other Info:
Activity: Animals
License Detail URL:

Garbage Feeding

Minnesota Board of Animal Health

back to top