skip to content
photo of computer keyboard, pen and a electronic tablet

Find a license in the A-Z Index

1. Refine the topic list by letter


2. Select a topic to view their list of licenses

Title: Caterer's Permit with Alcohol
Alternate Title: Caterer's Permit With Alcohol
Description: Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Subject: Alcoholic Beverages
Creation Date: 9/11/2008 2:11:36 PM
Modification Date: 11/10/2022 2:42:19 PM
Agency Name: Public Safety (DPS), Minnesota Department of
Agency URL:
Agency Description: The Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS) is responsible for the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement, Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS), Emergency Communication Networks, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Office of Justice Programs, State Fire Marshal, Pipeline Safety, State Highway Patrol, Capitol Security and Traffic Safety.
Agency Phone: 651-201-7000
Agency Fax: Agency URL:
Agency Address: Public Safety, Minnesota Dept. of
445 Minnesota Street

St. Paul
MN 55101

Division Name: Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement Division (AGED)
Division URL:
Division Description:
Division Phone: Division Fax: Division URL:
Division Address:
445 Minnesota St., Suite 222

St. Paul
MN 55101-2156

Audience: Application URL:
Renewal URL:
Versa URL:

Completed application.

Must be licensed as a restaurant and hold an On-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License at an establishment in Minnesota to qualify.

Must provide a copy of a certificate of liquor liability insurance that state "cover all catered events" (NOTE - NO insurance applications forms, binders of declaration accepted).

Must notify local licensing and law enforcement authorities before catering events.

Intent is to serve food and liquor.

Must provide copy of applicant's valid On-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License and Restaurant License issued by the city and local Health Department.

Pre-license inspection. 

Permit issued to the address of the owner's licensed on-sale establishment for off-premise catering. 

Refer to Minnesota Dept. of Health information about the preparation of food:  

Food, Beverage and Lodging License and Minnesota Certified Food Protection Manager

Statutes: 340A.404


Application for Caterer's Permit

Application forms are available at Forms and Documents


Annual - $300

Period of Issuance:

Runs one year from date of issuance, validity ceases if on-sale license is no longer in effect.

Length of Determination: 30 days.
Other Info:
Activity: Liquor
License Detail URL:

Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division (AGED)

AGED Public Data Access Search

MN Dept. of Public Safety (DPS)

Social Media

back to top