Title: Authorization Forms for Transport of Prohibited Invasive Species and Aquatic Plants
Description: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
Creation Date: 9/11/2008 2:10:54 PM
Modification Date: 9/13/2019 9:45:03 AM
Agency Name: Natural Resources (DNR), Minnesota Department of
Agency URL: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us
Agency Description: The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) manages the state's natural resources. Hunting, fishing, state forests and parks, lakes, rivers and streams, boating and water safety, trails, snowmobiling, skiing, education, enforcement, wildlife management, lands and minerals are managed by the DNR.
Agency Phone: 651-296-6157
Agency Fax: Agency URL: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us
Agency Address: Natural Resources (DNR), Minnesota Dept. of
500 Lafayette Rd.
Division Name: Division of Ecological and Water Resources
Division Phone: Division Fax: Division URL:
500 Lafayette Rd., Box 25
55155-4025 Main phone: 651-259-5100
Generally, you may not transport aquatic plants or prohibited invasive species in Minnesota without a permit.
You may use one of the following general permits if you own a boat or equipment that requires transport to a location away form the water access for cleaning, repair, or storage. You may also use one of the following general permits if you are a shoreland owner transporting aquatic plants to a disposal location.
- are for non-commercial use only (commercial users may need a Lake Service Provider permit);
- authorize one-way transport of a boat, equipment or aquatic plants; and
- are only valid one day.
The following general permits are available at: Transport Invasive Species and Aquatic Plants
- Transport of boat lifts, docks, swim rafts and related equipment with prohibited invasive species attached to a repair or storage location and removal of the prohibited invasive species.
- Transport of watercraft with prohibited invasive species attached to a repair or storage location and removal of the prohibited invasive species.
- Transport of aquatic plants or aquatic plants with prohibited invasive species attached to a disposal location.
- Transport of construction-related equipment – with zebra mussels or other prohibited invasive species attached – to a maintenance, storage, or disposal facility for removal and disposal of the invasive species.
- For Businesses to Transport Aquatic Plants and Prohibited Invasive Species to a Disposal Location
To use these permits:
1. Download and print the appropriate permit.
2. Read and understand the permit eligibility and conditions.
3. Fill out all information, sign and date the permit.
4. Carry the signed permit with you during transportation of the boat, equipment or plants.
Contact an aquatic invasive species specialists by region. Refer to Contact an Expert
Authorization under Minn. Stat. § 84D.05 .1(5) and Minn. Stat. § 84D.10 , subd. 4 (a and f).
The general permits are available at Transport Invasive Species and Aquatic Plants
Period of Issuance:
Length of Determination:
License Detail URL:
Natural Resources (DNR), Minnesota Department of
Social Media Community