1. Owners/operators of PBR demolition debris disposal facilities must comply with Minn. Rules 7001.3050, subp. 3, item B.
2. The facility must:
* Have a low potential for adverse effects on human health and the environment
* Involve less than 15,000 cubic yards of demolition debris
* Operate less than a total of 12 consecutive months and
* Not be located adjacent to another demolition debris permit-by-rule facility
3. Use is restricted to a specific owner/operator having a substantial volume of non-putrescible material resulting from the demolition of buildings, roads, or other man-made structures.
4. The facility must meet the location standards set forth in Minn. Rules 7035.2555 and Minn. Rules 7035.2825, subp. 2
5. The facility must be designed in accordance with Minn. Rules 7035.2825, subp. 3
6. Owners and operators must comply with the operating standards in Minn. Rules 7035.2825, subp. 4
7. The facility must be closed in accordance with Minn. Rules 7035.2825, subp. 5
Demolition debris includes concrete, brick, bituminous concrete, untreated wood, masonry, glass and plastic building parts.
Demolition does not include asbestos; new construction waste materials such as carpeting, sheetrock or plywood; glues, tars, solvents, caulking, resins or their containers; household garbage, refuse or rubbish; or any hazardous infectious or liquid waste material.
See also Minn. Stat. § 116.07, subd. 12.
Demolition Debris Disposal Facility Permit-By Rule (PBR) Application Form
Application forms and checklists are available at Solid Waste Permitting