Include with all initial applications the following course materials:
▪ Course agenda
▪ Sample sign-in sheet
▪ Instructor and trainee manuals
▪ Copies of presentation materials including slide shows, handouts, DVDs
▪ Sample course diploma
▪ Course examination and answer key with proportion of questions on each major topic
▪ Description of hands-on training evaluation of trainee aptitude for work practices
▪ Description of training manager, principal instructor and all other instructor qualifications
Fax to Minnesota Department of Health Asbestos/Lead Compliance Unit 651-201-4606
Minnesota Department of Health Asbestos/Lead Compliance Unit
PO Box 64497
St Paul, MN 55164-0497
Direct questions to MDH, Lead Program at 651-201-4620.
Lead Training Course Permit Application
Training course providers must apply for a training course permit at least 60 days in advance of holding the course with this form.
Lead Training Course Notification (PDF)
Training course providers must notify MDH five (5) calendar days before the start of the training course with this form.
Lead Training Course Daily Sign-in Log (PDF)
Training course providers must submit a list of trainees to MDH within five (5) calendar days of the completion of the course with this form:
Forms are available at Lead Forms
Initial training course permit(each) - $500
Renewal of an initial training course permit(each) - $250
Refresher course permit(each) - $250
Renewal of a refresher course permit(each) - $125
A cashier's check or money order, payable to the Minnesota Department of Health. Do not send cash. Personal checks are not accepted. This fee is not refundable.
A permit is valid for two years from the date of issuance.