For persons unable to hunt or take rough fish by archery because of a permanent or temporary physical ability.
1. Permittee must comply with all laws and rules relating to seasons, bag limits, transportation of archery equipment, trespass, and all other applicable provisions.
2. Crossbows used for hunting under this permit must:
-Be fired from the shoulder,
-Deliver at least 42 foot-pounds of energy at a distance of 10 feet,
-Have a stock at least 30 inches long,
-Have a working safety, and
-Be used with arrows or bolts at least 10 inches long.
-In addition, arrowheads used for hunting big game or turkey must be
sharp, have a minimum of two metal cutting edges, be of barbless
broadhead design, and must have a diameter of at least 7/8 inch.
3. Arrows or bolts used to take rough fish with a crossbow under this permit must tethered or controlled by an attached line.
4. This permit also allows a person to hunt with a bow drawn, held, or released by a mechanical device.
5. Permit is valid for a period of two years or is permanent, as indicated on front of the application. This permit may be revoked, amended, suspended, or modified at any time for cause, including but not limited to: Change in permit laws or rules; change in disability eligibility; or violation of hunting, trespass, or archery bow transportation laws.
6. Permit and a valid license must be in possession while hunting or while taking rough fish with a crossbow.
7. Permit is valid only when fully completed, signed by the applicant, signed by a licensed physician, certified physician's assistant or certified nurse practitioner acting under the direction of a licensed physician, or licensed chiropractor, and the application has been approved by the Department of Natural Resources Enforcement office closest to applicant's home and you receive a permit card in the mail.
Contact DNR Regional Enforcement Division offices
DNR Enforcement, Northeast Region
1201 E. Highway 2
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
DNR Enforcement, Northwest Region
2115 Birchmont Beach Rd.
Bemidji, MN 56601
DNR Enforcement, South Region
261 State Hwy. 15 South
New Ulm, MN 56073
DNR Enforcement, Central Region
1200 Warner Road
St. Paul, MN 55106
See Minn. Stat. § 97B.035, subd. 1.
Application and Disability Permit -Take Big Game, Small Game, and/or Rough Fish with a Crossbow
Application is available at Disability permit - taking big game and/or turkey with a crossbow
Permit is valid for a period of two years or is permanent, as indicated by the licensed physician or chiropractor on front of the application.