The mission of the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy is to protect the public through effective licensure and enforcement of the statutes and rules governing the practice of marriage and family therapists to ensure a standard of competent and ethical practice.
The MN Board of MFT has moved from its Minneapolis location to the Randolph Square Office Park, 335 Randolph Avenue, Suite 260, in St. Paul. While the building is open to the public, Board staff recommend that business primarily be conducted using email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone (612-617-2220) or online services.
The following processes occur through your Online Service Account:
- License renewal for LAMFTs and LMFTs
- Public/Mailing/Business address, telephone and email updates
- Duplicate license card requests
- License verification requests
Renewal for MN LAMFTs with a June 30, 2023 expiration date is now available
Renewal is Closed for MN LMFT Licenses
For questions relating to license reinstatement, please contact the Board office at email@example.com or 612-617-2220.
Upcoming Board Meetings
All Meetings are held at the Marriage & Family Therapy Office, unless otherwise indicated.
- July 21, 2023 - Board Meeting - 9:30 a.m. - open to the public to attend electronically or in person. The agenda with information on joining the meeting electronically, and resource documents will be posted when available.
- Draft Rules for Review: (1) Minn. Rule 5300 (proposed changes as of 3/24/2023); (2) Summary of proposed rule changes (03/24/2023)