Minnesota is ranked one of the healthiest and most livable states in the nation. From culture and recreation to economic diversity and strong education systems, we have it all!
Here are just a few recent rankings to show why our state is so great:
• Top State for Job Creation (Gallup, 2015)
• Best State for Business (CNBC, 2015)
• Best State for Women’s Economic and Social Wellbeing (WalletHub, 2016)
• Best State to Retire In (AARP, 2016)
• 2nd Strongest State in the Nation (Politico, 2016)
• 3rd Best State to Own a Home (Porch & Redfin, 2016)
• 5th Greenest State in the Nation (WalletHub, 2016)
A vibrant offering of arts, growing food and festival scene, and great historical landmarks and museums mean there is always something exciting happening throughout Minnesota. But don’t take our word for it, here are some excellent resources on things to do, where to go, places to stay, events, travel ideas, and more.
Take a hike through one of our 72 state parks, catch a game at the Twins Stadium, or take an afternoon to peruse through the largest shopping mall in North America. Check out what exciting recreation you can find year-round in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Minnesota is often ranked at the top of the nation for excellence in education. Under Governor Mark Dayton, Minnesota has furthered our efforts to invest in our schools and ensure every child is given the chance to succeed. Learn more about education in Minnesota.
With a growing mass transit system that includes buses and light rail as well as some of the most bikeable cities in America (Minneapolis was named #1 by Redfin in 2015), Minnesota has a number of options for getting you where you need to go. Read more about housing and transportation in Minnesota.