File a Complaint
Greater MN: 1-800-657-3602
As the state’s consumer protection agency, the Minnesota Department of Commerce is committed to protecting Minnesotans against financial fraud.
Follow these tips and share this advice with family and friends - especially elderly (age 65+) and vulnerable adults who are at most risk for financial fraud.
MN Commerce Toolkit: Senior Financial Fraud (.pdf)Phone Scams
- Common scam offers include free product trials, cash prizes, cheap travel packages, medical devices, preapproved loans, debt reduction, and low-risk, high-return investments.
- Prevention: Verify the number calling you or hang up!
- Fraudulent websites designed to look like official government or shopping websites.
- Prevention: Double check the URL name you are on for misspellings or site seal of authenticity.
- Phishing emails are fake or spoof emails pretending to be from your bank or organization. The email will ask you to visit the link and enter your account details.
- Prevention: Verify the email sender name.