MN LMFT license renewal – Open for licenses expiring December 31, 2019
Renewal Fee: $125.00
• Renew Online
using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card.
• It is recommended to complete online renewal using a laptop or desktop computer (instead of cell phone or tablet) to insure renewal screens format correctly.
• You will be required to log in via the secure website with a Username and Password. Use the “Forgot Username/Password” link if you do not remember your log in credentials. Board staff do not have access to your password.
• If you have never used the Board’s online system, click on “Register to Access Site.” This account will be used for all future online activity, so maintain a copy of your login information.
• The online renewal system works best with Google Chrome
as the selected web browser. If unable to use Google Chrome, please try updating your browser to the most current version for optimal website performance.
• $50.00 late fee: LMFT licenses renewed between January 1 – January 31, 2020 will be assessed a $50.00 late fee. To avoid the late fee, the LMFT license must be renewed by midnight December 31, 2019. You are strongly encouraged to renew early online, allowing time for any technical difficulties which may occur. LMFT license renewal is not allowed after January 31; contact the Board for information on license reinstatement.
• If you do not intend to renew your license, you must notify the Board in writing via US Mail or email at email@example.com.
Absent such notice, the Board will terminate your license for non-renewal effective December 31, 2019.
Continuing Education: This is a continuing education reporting year.
All LMFTs licensed prior to January 1, 2018 are required to have completed 40 hours
of Board-approved continuing education (which includes at least three (3) hours of Ethics CE + four (4) hours of Supervision CE if LMFT holds Board-approved supervisor status) and have documentation of approval/completion to provide to the Board upon request. If licensed after January 1, 2018, check CE proration chart
for number of CE hours you must have completed.
License renewal requires you to choose between two CE options:
(1) Affirming completion of all required CE hours, with Board-issued CE approval numbers and documentation of CE completion in place; or
(2) Requesting an extension to complete CE requirements and acknowledging the requirement to file documentation of CE program completion and Board-issued CE approval numbers for all CE hours on or before April 1, 2020.
Workforce Survey: The Board of Marriage and Family Therapy continues to partner with the MN Dept. of Health Office of Rural Health and Primary Care in a statewide workforce survey and requests the cooperation of all LMFTs. Licensees will be asked to complete the survey as part of the online license renewal process.
LAMFT renewal (for licenses expiring 1/31/2020) will open January 2, 2020.