What's the goal?
Continued reductions in workplace injuries! Between 2012 and 2014 state agencies reduced workplace injuries by 23 percent. Looking forward, we will reduce injuries 5 percent annually over the next 4 years. How do we do that?
- Establishing annual safety and loss control goals.
- Reviewing injury data quarterly to assess progress toward goals.
- Communicating our safety commitment to our employees and stakeholders.
- Making safety and loss control part of our daily operations.
- Providing resources to support safety and loss control goals.
- Incorporating safety measurements into how we measure our effectiveness.
Governor Dayton's charge:
- State government will actively promote the safety and health of all while conducting its work.
- All employees will be personally responsible and accountable for workplace safety.
- All employees will ensure a safe workplace and reduce losses associated with accidents and injuries.
Check the Resources page for quarterly reduction goals and metrics and the latest safety results for your agency!