Local government ARP funding request process
All cities and towns that will receive ARP funds from the State of Minnesota must complete the Local Government ARP Funding Request Form. This form is for ALL non-entitlement units of local government (NEUs) as defined by the U.S. Treasury. Access a list of NEUs and guidance from U.S. Treasury online.
Preparing for your request
You must have the following information to complete a request for local government ARP funding.
- Local government name and mailing address
- Authorized representative name, title, phone, and email
- This can be an elected official or staff member
- Contact person name, title, phone, and email
- This should be a different person than your authorized representative
- Total annual budget for Calendar Year 2020 (pre-pandemic) as of January 27, 2020
- If your local government submitted a Calendar Year 2020 (pre-pandemic) budget to the Office of the State Auditor due in January 2020, please use the submitted amount of your annual total budget. Access the 2020 Minnesota City Budgets report from the Office of the State Auditor.
- If your local government formally adopted a budget for Calendar Year 2020 (pre-pandemic), but did not submit it to the Office of the State Auditor, please use the amount of your annual total budget as of January 27, 2020.
- If your local government did not adopt a formal Calendar Year 2020 (pre-pandemic) budget, please include the total local government annual expenditures for Calendar Year 2019 as of January 27, 2020.
For questions, including how to complete the request form in a different format, contact the COVID-19 Response Accountability Office via email at CRAOffice.MMB@state.mn.us.
You must sign and retain a copy of each of these forms and submit them to the U.S. Treasury when you complete your first report in October 2021.