skip to content
Primary navigation

Designation Overview

Once you have entered your charitable deduction online using the State of Minnesota Employee Self Service website, you can request your contribution or a portion of your contribution be designated to a specific charity. You can also request an acknowledgement of your contribution from the charitable federation selected in your payroll deduction.

  1. Click on the Designations/Acknowledgements button. 
  2. Fill in your name, phone and email address as requested at the bottom of the page. You may opt to remain anonymous by checking the box. By checking this box, you will not be able to receive an acknowledgment for your donation or change your designation once entered. Click Next. 
  3. Select the federation that was pledged to in self-service. 
  4. Select the drop down menu to all affiliated charities and select the one to receive your designation. If designating to a federation that accepts donations to any 501(c)3 organization, you can write in the name of the charity in the space. 
  5. Fill in the dollar amount per pay period you wish to designate to the chosen charity. 
  6. If you wish to designate to another charity through this federation, click the Add Charity button. 
  7. Repeat Steps 4 & 5. 
  8. Click submit. 
  9. To designate through another federation, repeat steps 3 through 8. 
  10. Close window when all designations have been made.

If you have questions, check with your coordinator or contact Combined Charities.

*Notice about charitable federations:

  • Not all accept designations.
  • Certain federations only accept designations to affiliated organizations.
  • Others will accept designations to any 501(c) nonprofit.
back to top