About the Board of Barber Examiners
The Board accomplishes the mission of promoting public health and safety in relation to the barbering profession and barbering services provided to the public by:
- Setting standards of practice and conduct;
- Reviewing applications in a thorough manner to ensure compliance with statutes and rules;
- Setting educational requirements and examination standards;
- Conducting barber examinations to ensure professional standards of service are met;
- Inspecting barbershops and schools to ensure compliance with statues and rules;
- Responding to inquiries, complaints, and reports regarding registrations and conduct of registered barbers and unregistered practitioners;
- Providing information and education to the public;
- Providing clear and concise inspection reports of barber shops.
The Board's registration and inspection processes are designed to ensure that barbers and barbershops meet or exceed the legislative and Board established criteria designed to protect public health and safety.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 to 4:30 excluding holidays
- Walk In Customer Service Available Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00 excluding holidays