Click here for the Primary State of MN COVID-19 Web Site
- Supporting Tribal Public Health Capacity in Coronavirus Preparedness and Response discretionary grants. Applications due 5/31/2020.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is seeking applicatonis for these new, non-competitive grants are available to Title I and Title V tribal nations to "strengthen the tribal public health system to carry out surveillance, epidemiology, laboratory capacity, infection control, mitigation, communications, and other preparedness and response activities in response to COVID-19." Federally recognized Native American tribal governments and Native American tribal organizations other than federally recognized tribal governments are eligible to apply for awards from $25,000–$1,500,000.
- COVID-19 Diverse Media Messaging. Applications due 6/7/2020 @ 11:59pm.
The Minnesota Department of Health ("State") is issuing a request to vendors to propose a plan for media services to aid the State in getting culturally relevant, linguistically appropriate, accurate, and timely messages related to COVID-19 to communities of color, American Indian communities, and LGBTQ communities in Minnesota. Media services may include formats such as online and social media, radio, television, and print. Vendors are encouraged to use methods that are adaptable to quickly changing information. Proposals may be for less than $50,000 or between $50,000 to $150,000. The State has $750,000 available for multiple media contracts through this process.
- Minnesota Humanities Center (MHC) Grant Opportunity. Applications accepted through 9/30/2020.
Tribal Nations and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations (libraries, arts organizations, museums, historical societies, and cultural organizations) in Minnesota. Applicants may request up to $20,000 towards organizational health through a period of financial disruption or financial loss due to COVID-19. Prioritizing funding for applicants who often face systemic barriers to institutional funding streams. Applicants may request up to $20,000. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all the funds have been awarded, and no later than September 30, 2020.
- Region III: Midwest and Plains Equity Assistance Center's: Families Learning from Families: June 6th, June 13th, and June 27th
The June 6th event is titled: Balancing Caregiver & Teacher Roles at Home
The June 13th event is titled: Supporting Emotional Wellnes: Coping with Anxiety and Fear During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The June 27th event is titled: 5 Essential e-Tools & Family Activieies for Summer Enrichment.
Minnesota State Agency Information
- Tribal Resource Packet: This document combines information from many state agencies updated 5/04/20.
- Dept of Agriculture
- Dept of Human Rights
- Cash and SNAP detailed information: Policy and procedure changes dated 4/10/20.
- Cash and SNAP Q & A: A question and answer document regarding Federal cash assistance and SNAP program dated 4/10/20.
- Child welfare changes for face to face meetings: Targeted case management changes for face to face requirements.
- MN Food Shelf Program Update: From DHS and Hunger Solutions: Information about MFSP relief funding, dated 4/2/20.
- Telemedicine Expansion Information
- Waivers and Modifications currently in effect
- Department of Labor and Industry
- DPS Law Enforcement Guidance: DPS Communication to local law enforcement dated 4/8/20.
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program
U.S. Federal Government Information
- Guidance for Tribal and other Governments: Guidance for recipients of funding via the Corona Virus Relief Act, document dated 4/22/20.
- SCORE/SBA Guidelines for Disaster Assistance: Document for SBA's, updated on 4/23/20. Includes information about both Federal and State relief programs.
- U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security Grant Opportunity, due 5/29/20: (repeat of link shown above under Grant Opportunities), applications due 5/29/20.
- OMB Implementation Guidance on supplemental funding: Office of Management and Budget communication to federal agencies and departments 4/10/2019.