skip to content
Primary navigation

Route Permitting

The Public Utilities Commission is responsible for issuing permits for large electric power plants, electric transmission lines, oil or gas pipelines, storage facilities, solar energy generating systems and wind energy conversion systems which may require one or both of the following: 

  • Site permits for large power plants greater than 50 megawatts 
  • Site permits for wind farms greater than 5 megawatts 
  • Route permits for high-voltage transmission lines greater than 100 kilovolts 
  • Route permits for large pipelines
back to top