WebEx Meeting Guide
Due to the ongoing health pandemic, the Executive Secretary has determined that an in-person or interactive TV meeting of the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (Commission) is impractical, and that it is not feasible to allow the public or Commission employees to be physically present in the regular meeting location. The Commission will hold its public meetings online using the WebEx platform. Members of the public may view the Commission’s meetings by joining the WebEx meeting, or may listen to the Commission meetings by calling in, using the attached instructions.
- These changes are being made based on social distancing guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, and on Executive Order 20-02 which directs all Minnesotans to stay at home. It is anticipated that these changes will be in effect through the duration of the peacetime emergency and will be modified as health-based guidelines are revised.
- The Commission calendar posting for agenda meetings will include a WebEx meeting number to join the WebEx platform, and a dial-in number to join the meeting over the phone. Detailed instructions for joining the meeting are provided on page 2.
- Due to the high volume of users interested in observing the Commission’s proceedings, we are asking members of the general public who will not have a speaking role during the Commission meeting to use the phone option to listen to the meeting, or to observe the meeting via the webcast.
- Individuals who need assistance before the meeting should contact Paula Hoena at 651-201-2211 or Paula.Hoena@state.mn.us. Individuals experiencing technical problems during the meeting should contact Charley Bruce at 651-587-8603 or Charley.Bruce@state.mn.us.
- Parties to dockets scheduled for an agenda meeting will receive a separate invitation from Commission staff to allow them to join as a speaking member.
- Members of the public may provide written comments through the online Comment Form, mail, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax, or eFiling. More instructions are available on the Public Comments webpage. Members of the public may be invited to speak during hearings at the discretion of the Commission chair. If you would like to speak during a Commission meeting, please make that request to Paula Hoena at least two hours before the hearing is scheduled to begin. Given the technical limitations of conducting the meeting online, the public is encouraged to provide written comments in advance.
- After a meeting has begun, individuals may request the opportunity to speak by sending a chat message directly to Paula Hoena, or by using the WebEx platform to “raise their hand.” Ms. Hoena will communicate the request to the Commission Chair, who has the discretion to determine whether an individual will be invited to speak.
- In the event of technological disruption, the Commission has reserved a conference phone line in order to conduct the Commission’s business.
The Commission will continue to develop the remote meeting technologies and may update these instructions in the future. The most updated version of these instructions are available at https://mn.gov/puc/newsroom/webex/.
Minnesota Public Utilities Commission WebEx Instructions
Installing the software
- Go to https://minnesota.webex.com/.
- On the toolbar at the top click on WebEx Meetings.
- On the left, look for Support and then click Downloads.
- Click WebEx Meetings Desktop App, and click Download.
- Open the WebEx Meetings Desktop App file to launch the installation.
- Follow the prompts until the installation finishes.
- Open your browser. If prompted, click Enable or Allow for the WebEx Meetings add-on.
Joining the computer portion of the meeting
- Go to https://minnesota.webex.com.
- Type in the Meeting Number and click Join.
- Enter your name, email address, and meeting password, if prompted. Click Join.
- Follow any prompts for installing or running software and add-ins.
- A WebEx window will open and will be on the Quick Start tab.
Connecting to the audio portion of the meeting
1. Under Select audio connection, select how to connect to the audio portion of the meeting:
a. To have the meeting call you on the phone, click Call Me.
b. To dial in from your phone, click I Will Call In.
c. To connect using a headset, click Call Using Computer.
d. Then click Connect Audio.
- Call the phone number of the meeting.
- Enter the Attendee Access Code when prompted, followed by the # sign. Enter the # again.
- The attendee is now connected via phone to the audio portion of the WebEx.
In the event that the WebEx meeting platform is unable to allow the Commission meeting to proceed, the Chair will recess the meeting and reconvene it for a telephonic meeting. Please call the phone number listed on the Commission’s calendar posting and then enter the meeting’s code when prompted.