Submit a Public Comment
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission welcomes and encourages public participation.
Before You Comment
To ensure your comments are filed with the case you are interested in, it is helpful provide a Docket Number. Docket Numbers can be found in the Minnesota Department of Commerce eDockets system.
A notice announcing the public comment period is also in eDockets. The notice provides a list of topics for comment. Questions provided as topics for comment are a guide to suggest what information to provide that is most helpful.
If you have questions about or need help with the public comment process, contact us at 651-296-0406, 1-800-657-3782.
How to File a Public Comment
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission wants to hear from you. Here is how you can comment on cases filed before the Commission or on other regulatory matters.
1. Submit a comment online by using our online open docket Comment Form.
2. Complete and submit a Written Form. Be sure to reference the docket number associated with the case.
3. Mail comments to the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, 121 7th Pace East, Suite #350, Saint Paul, Minnesota, 55101.
4. Email comments on any docket to email@example.com. Comments relating to Energy Facilities, may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Fax comments to 651-297-7073.
6. EFile comments directly by creating your own account in eDockets . You must register and create an account in order to submit comments directly to the docket.
You may subscribe to a docket without an account. A subscription will notify you by email when an item is filed to the case record. Sign up for subscriptions in eDockets.
Tell Us How We're Doing
The Commission welcomes comments or complaints about the Commission and our processes. The Commission also welcomes suggestions and ideas for improvement. Send an email to email@example.com to tell us how we are doing.
File a Complaint
If you have a complaint about your utility service, quality, billing or equipment, submit a COMPLAINT form to the Consumer Affairs Office or call us at 651-296-0406, 1-800-657-3782. Complaints are not public information.