skip to content
Primary navigation

Submit a Public Comment

 The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission welcomes and encourages public participation.

Before You Comment

To ensure your comments are filed with the case you are interested in, it is helpful provide a Docket Number.  Docket Numbers can be found in the Minnesota Department of Commerce eDockets system.

A notice announcing the public comment period is also in eDockets. The notice provides a list of topics for comment. Questions provided as topics for comment are a guide to suggest what information to provide that is most helpful.

How to File a Public Comment

The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission wants to hear from you. Here is how you can comment on cases filed before the Commission or on other regulatory matters.

1. Submit a comment online by using our online open docket Comment Form.

2. Complete and submit a Written Form. Be sure to reference the docket number associated with the case.

3. Mail comments to the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, 121 7th Pace East, Suite #350, Saint Paul, Minnesota, 55101.

4. Email comments on any docket to Comments relating to Energy Facilities, may be directed to

5. Fax comments to 651-297-7073.

6. EFile comments directly by creating your own account in eDockets . You must register and create an account in order to submit comments directly to the docket.

You may subscribe to a docket without an account. A subscription will notify you by email when an item is filed to the case record. Sign up for subscriptions in eDockets  .

Tell Us How We're Doing

The Commission welcomes comments about the Commission, our processes, and ideas for improvement. Send an email to to tell us how we are doing.

If you would like to make a comment or file a complaint about Commission staff, send an email to

File a Complaint

If you have a complaint about a utility submit a Complaint Form to the Commission's Consumer Affairs Office.

back to top