Hennepin County Medical Center/Project SEARCH
New Site: August, 2014
Located in the heart of Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Hennepin County Medical Center is:
- Minnesota's premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center with many nationally recognized pro-grams and specialties
- A recognized system of primary care clinics and retail clinics located throughout Hennepin County
- An essential teaching hospital for doctors who go on to practice throughout the state
- A safety net hospital providing care for low-income, the uninsured and vulnerable populations, and
- A major employer and economic engine in Hennepin County.
HCMC/Project SEARCH site provides an innovative workforce and career development model with a goal for interns to increase their independence, confidence, job skills and become competitively employed. Interns are assigned three separate ten week rotations during the school year. These rotations are in departments throughout the hospital allowing for development of a variety of social, emotional and job skills through real work experiences.
HCMC Interns are currently participating in rotations in the following departments:
Supply Chain (Central Processing, Equipment Room)
Food Services (Main Kitchen, Cafeteria)
**More Rotations expected in the Fall of 2015**