The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services division (DPS-DVS) will begin issuing redesigned driver’s licenses and identification (ID) cards. These cards will be available at all driver’s license service centers statewide and will replace the previous design. The new design will be applied to all driver’s license and ID cards issued by the State of Minnesota.
What is Changing?
- The new cards use the State of Minnesota branding and colors.
- There is a vertical format issued to persons under 21.
- They have designated heading colors to help easily identify the variety of card types.
- Instruction permits, commercial driver’s licenses and other card types.
- There are new security features to make forgery more difficult.
Learn More on the Department of Public Safety's (DPS) Website