Business Summary: Effective FY18 - 7/1/17
Hosting Services consist of many components that comprise a highly available and secure environment to house agency applications and systems. The following components are included in the service: compute, storage, data center network, space and utilities, security, software licensing and management tools.
The specific quantity and location of any component will be decided by the requirements of each application and system. Ongoing management and analysis will ensure that system components are configured and maintained to meet agency partner needs.
There will be a periodic review of the currently prescribed services in use. The agency partner will be given opportunity to refine the current environment to make sure the environment is running efficiently and that resources are not over/under-allocated or provisioned. Adjustments will be allowed to ensure the resources align properly with the business requirements. The hosting service will use pre-determined standards for consistent management and support. The following features apply to all hosting services:
- All Shared Hosting environments are built and configured with hardware redundancy within the data centers but not between the data centers to ensure the compute infrastructure stays up and running.
- All environments are updated and managed to ensure that any changes or updates to the application can be met.
- The hosting environment will allow for continued evaluation and modifications to the existing environment in order to meet new technical or budgetary requirements.
- All services are designed and built according to MN IT Security standards, policies and governance requirements.
- Choosing the right service: Agency partners should purchase the service type to support the selected business application. MNIT will assist in determining the service that meets the agency partner needs and requirements.
- Options are available: The hosting environment is flexible and allows the agency partner to decide on variables that impact cost and performance.
- Using the service: Agency partners choose applications that meet their business needs, and can purchase the hosting service required to run the application purchased through MNIT.
Services and Rates
The following are included in all services: security, infrastructure, data center space, operational support and technical input on architecting the correct solution for the selected application.
- All services are billed on a monthly basis.
- Data Center Basic services are measured by Rack Unit (RU).
- Dedicated Hosting-will be measured by using a “standard configuration” server instance that has a set rate, plus a one-time charge to recover additional resource cost requirements above the “standard configuration”. Standard configurations for IaaS related items can be referenced within MNIT’s “Policies and Standards” library.
- Shared Hosting will be measured by provisioned server resources of memory (RAM) and processor (CPU).
- Data storage will use the metric of gigabytes (GB) and is a monthly variable.
- The Cloud Hosting service is billed at cost plus overhead.
Rates and Ordering Information
|712-Hosting - Data Center Basic - RU
||Provides secure data center space with all the features to ensure maximum uptime
|713-Hosting - Dedicated Hosting - Server
||Provides a physical server environment (including OS, monitoring, anti-virus) that includes Data Center Basic services and a dedicated and secure physical server environment. Specifications beyond the “standard” will be charged as a one-time pass through
||Per physical Server
|545-Hosting - Server Miscellaneous (8325)
||Used for pass through costs only
||Cost + 19%
|715-Hosting - Shared Hosting - CPU
||The amount of vCPUs (virtual Central Processing Units) provisioned for a customer’s shared environment.
|716-Hosting - Shared Hosting - Memory
||The amount of vRAM (virtual memory) provisioned for a customer’s shared environment.
||Per GB - vMemory
|717-Hosting - Data Storage
||The amount of Data Storage provisioned for a customer’s shared and dedicated environment.
||Per GB - Storage
|709-Hosting - Cloud Hosting – (CPU, Memory, Storage, etc.)
||The cloud services provisioned for a customer.
||Cost + 19%
What is not included
The following are NOT included as part of the Hosting Service:
- Connections via the WAN service.
- Application and Database licensing needs are NOT covered by the Hosting service.
- Disaster recovery (DR) is a focused effort to recover in case of a catastrophe. DR is not part of the Hosting service . The DR plan and efforts are part of enterprise business continuity and specific business application continuity plans.
- Nonstandard operating system (OS) configuration and support may incur additional costs. Standard server operating systems and configuration templates are used to meet compliance and governance requirements. IaaS standard operating systems can be referenced within MNIT’s “Policies and Standards” library. Any deviation from the standards will be best effort to manage and support but may require professional technical services.